I moved out of my apartment in Pacific beach on the 17th of December. I did some cat sitting, and travel for Christmas. When I returned back to San Diego, I moved onto the boat. I’m waiting back to hear from Chula Vista Marina if I can become a live aboard, if not, well I’ll have some problems. I’ll have to move the boat to a 35′ foot slip, due to that being there minimum boat length to live aboard (I think it a money thing), then tack on the 300 live aboard fee. Moving to a new slip, will put me closer to the RV park and the hot tub and pool and showers. I’ll also be further from the parking lot, but oh well.
Before I left, I had some Stainless steel sheet metal cut for the counter tops. Glued them day before I left.
just picked up
Head counter top ( turns out it too long)
just picked up
Dive weights to add some weight.
I’ve found that living on the boat, I’m able to get a lot done, as I do not have to go home at night, since i am home. I’ve been a busy person for a 10 days.
My girlfriend and I got some ceiling put up in the V-berth. Thank babe for the help.
Used vibration multi tool to cut the ends straight.
Will apply stain at some point.
I’ve just about finished the fiddle rails for the galley counter. I messed up some angles, and used up what pieces i had from the boat already. So I’ll have to buy some more to finish the one spot I’ve not finished yet. I cut the back splash fiddle rail, out of a piece of mahogany from home depot. I’ll stain them to make the color of the teak and the mahogany match most of the other darker red the wood is. I also installed the faucet in the counter tops. It is a Glacier Bay model Keelia.
View of the stove and my one burner butane cook top till i get around to getting propane setup.
The missing piece is 8 and 7/8″ long,
Debating rounding the corner.
The water pump has been being a problem for me. It acted like it didn’t want to work, so I bought another one. That one displayed the same problem as the first one. It is some weird electrical thing, as both pumps work, and I’ve a temporary setup now, so I can have water in the sink.
I mounted two of the three fire extinguisher I’ve on board. I also put up a coat hook to hold my jacket and hat.
In the galley, over the motor
Near the head.
Coat hook next to the head. This is pre grilfriend trip, and the v-berth was still storage.
I’ve started to cover the cushions with new fabric with help from my girlfriends mom. I also started to cut down the back rest cushions today and hope to cover them tomorrow or Monday.
line up pretty well
the aft back is a little short, will have to do something at a later date.
Cut the top off to fit under the teak rail, Also cut in half to access stoarge behind them.
Tools I used to cut them down to size
Took me three tries to get a table leg the right height, but finally got that one. First was 27″, 2nd was 35″ and the third and good version was 30″. The table is a little wobbly, due to the flex of the sole. I’ll work on this at some point, but it is low on the list. Also will have to come up with a better looking, hopefully lighter table top. Right now I’m just using the old table top that I cut down.
Same height as the galley counter
2″ galvanized pipe and two pipe floor flanges
10″ area to spread the load, I hoped to make it not wobbly
Looks good, but too short
Dinette version of C30
Not much room on the two short version.
The composting head has been working well. It needs a step in front to place your feet, as it is kind of awkward right now to us with the height. I put back in the storage locker and you can see the counter top is just a tad long and wont fit.
I printed off some life size panels from blue sea to see what the future Nav table/electronic station is going to look like. I’ll be putting a piano hinge on the blue line, so that access can be had by folding it down. I do not think I’ll be using the Dual circuit plus switch that is there, so mayble a different panel for the middle one. Also I think I may opt for the 16 switch panel vs the one with meters, and add in some other meters and have 21 DC circuits, and ELCI +5 for AC, though I don’t think that all will be filled on that one.
Otherwise it has been raining a decent bit for San Diego, I found that some places leak, that I’ll have to fix. I’ve fixed some, anchor locker and missing window botched tape job. I’ll need some kind of more comfortable mattress in the V-berth, as the one that is up there is a bit worn and used. I’m thinking about a water heater as well, as the water is quite cold. Only having one sink is not bad, the composting head is pretty easy. I have most of what I need down here, and there is lots of space left. Shoe storage is just under the table, I’ve still got a mess (storage) in the quarter berth. Overall I’m digging living on the boat so far.