So it has been about a month since the last post.
I’ve stained the redwood, I like how the look came out. I was planning on painting them white, with the rest of the cabin, but this makes it feel more cozy to me. It also matches the look of the rest of the wood that is on the boat, minus some of the teak pieces. It makes me weary of sanding down them to oil them as it would possibly change the color to something that does not match as well, and then I’d have even more colors going on here.
I’ve painted the interior using Rustoleum Gloss White. I used a foam roller for most of the boat, and a rattle can for the corners I could not reach. It makes a hell of a difference on the look and smell for the time being of the boat.
I’ve cut out the hole for the sink, and the dry stores, made some inserts for flush fittings to make the counter top larger. My wood working skills could use a bit of improvement. As I seem to not be able to cut a straight cut.
I’ve worked on adding a shelf to the galley. The bottom post is there to hold it up, but the support for the edge shall come from the top down, vice bottom up.
I’ve build and cut out the area for mounting and re wiring the electrical panels from the galley to the nav table.