Exhaust is finished.

I’ve gotten the new exhaust routed, and run and installed. This took much longer then I though, but it works. The inside of the backing plate is a bit of a not so pretty, but functional look to it. I did not get all the good hose clamps on all the parts, they only had 4 in stock at the time. I added a 45 degree bend at the muffler, which used up more of the 4 hose clamps I had, so in all, I’ve 2 at the new flapper thru hull, one the the inlet to the 45, and one at the other end of the 45, followed up by the cheaper hose clamps.

I also added a hatch panel for where I cut into the aft lazarette to access the exhaust hose and the cockpit drains.  Tomorrow I’ll seal it, and add the screws to hold in into place.

Advertisements

Author: japtenks

Captain of a 30ft Catalina.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s