In an effort to bring my mark 1 model up to the current standards if the mark 3 with the storage cubbies in the settee backs. I cut holes in the boat.
I started this on the starboard side first. I used a circular saw and a jig saw. That is super messy. October 12, 2015 is when I did this.
About two months later and a differ tool, I cut the port side. The military oscillator tool, is much less messy.
Dec 10, 2015
Now I need to add a bottom to the cubbies so that stuff doesn’t fall threw to the bottom of the settees.
The square corners are not the ideal way to do this. A rounded corner would have been preferred, but this is what I came out with.